Love tacos but don’t have time to chop and dice and prepare all the toppings? Taco soup is an easy alternative with all the flavor and half the hassle. The soup is also more convenient for lunch at work without worrying about taco shells or tortillas getting soggy.
While it may resemble a chili, Taco Soup is lighter with a distinctly different flavor, especially if you add the green chiles and green salsa. (The green chiles are sometimes hard to find in your local grocery store but you can get very inexpensively through Prime Pantry if you’re a Prime member.) You can also serve this with chips and guacamole as a side to add some great, healthy fats along with the protein and fiber already in the soup.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans drained or kidney beans or pinto beans
- 1 cans stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced green chilis or
- 1 cup Herdez green salsa
- Brown meat and onion, drain.
- Put stewed tomatoes in first and kind of slice them up or use diced tomatoes
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bag,
- Cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or LOW for 2-3 1/2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips and guacamole.
|For this recipe we recommend:|
|Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial|