These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins are my favorite breakfast, possibly ever. They’re my treat on the weekends instead of my normal breakfast jump start. They’re warm and scrumptious and easy to make. With only healthy coconut sugar they’re gluten free, dairy free and have a good dash of protein thanks to the peanut butter. So there’s no guilt starting off your day with delicious muffins and a hint of chocolate.
In fact, only the chocolate chips tip these muffins to almost, slightly, a little bit unhealthy. But if you really want to, you can use organic chocolate chips with a non-sugar sweetener. Just don’t substitute dark chocolate chips (anything over 60%). I tried that once and the balance of sweetness and dark chocolate doesn’t work so well.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp butter (melted and cooled)
- 3/4 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (don’t substitute dark chocolate)
- Combine eggs and coconut milk and let sit
- Melt butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add butter, vanilla and peanut butter to the eggs and milk until smooth. (if the peanut butter is in clumps within the liquid that is fine, it will all work out in the end)
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a paper lined muffin tin, scoop into muffin cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes
|For this recipe we recommend:|
|Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial|