Hummus Crusted Chicken is a perfect light, utterly delicious dinner. With only a few ingredients and very little prep, it’s a quick and healthy blend of protein and vegetables. Serve with quinoa or over rice noodles for heartier appetites.
This is an easy favorite around our house. Every time we make this for someone new they ask for the recipe!
I replace onion in almost all recipes with minced onion. It provides the flavor without the crunchy texture (which I’m not a fan of). It’s also easier to store and you don’t have to hassle with any messy chopping.
Hummus Crusted Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 Pita or rice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish or two smaller baking dishes with olive oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini and squash with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. If cooking with rice, layer the bottom of the dish with the cooked (or half cooked) rice so it absorbs the moisture from the vegetable and chicken. Especially if anything was frozen. Place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika or sumac. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
|For this recipe we recommend:|
|Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial|