Do you ever get bored of the same flavors that tend to show up in dinner week after week? We sure do! In fact, we were looking for a dairy free chicken alfredo sauce when we came across this recipe. We decided it’s not really an alfredo, but boy is this Creamy Rosemary Lemon Chicken delicious!
We swapped out coconut milk in the original recipe for unsweetened cashew milk to add a bit of a different spin and adjusted the quantities of herbs (a bit less rosemary and a bit more salt) to create a delicate balance of flavor. Cashew milk gives it a dairy free, creamy texture (perfect for cold winter nights!). And rice noodles keep it gluten free and make it a bit more filling if you’re cooking for the whole family.
As we made this, we weren’t quite sure about the coconut oil (thinking perhaps to substitute olive oil). While it’s likely a variation we’ll try, the coconut oil blends together with the rosemary, garlic and lemon wonderfully to create unexpected flavor that is sure to mix up your dinner routine.
Served over simple baked chicken, and rice noodles if you’re not paleo, this clean meal will surprise and satisfy!
Creamy Rosemary Lemon Chicken
- 1 olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 box rice noodles
- 4 Tbs coocnut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbs rosemary
- 16 ounces unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 Tbs cornstarch or arrow root powder
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Coat glass baking dish with olive oil
- Rub chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Bake at 350 for 45 min
- Boil noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic, crushed rosemary and pepper in olive oil until it browns slightly
- In a separate bowl, mix cashew milk and cornstarch
- Slowly add cashew milk mixture to sauce pan
- Cook on med-low, stirring frequently
- Once it simmers, add lemon juice, salt and onion powder
- Continue to stir on low until sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon
- Serve over noodles and chicken
|For this recipe we recommend:|
|Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial|