Have you ever had those nights where you start making dinner and the kids are running around and you lose track of where you are in the recipe… and then you lose the recipe altogether… and you just start making up dinner as you go? That’s how we created Bacon Tomato Chicken.
With it’s unique blend of flavors, this is a great recipe when you’ve cooked chicken one too many times in the week. Or if you want to mix things up a bit. The bacon adds a savory touch to the tomato sauce and chicken (who doesn’t love bacon!?). And using rice noodles and unsweetened coconut milk makes this both gluten free and dairy free. Switch the noodles out for quinoa and you’ve got a delicious paleo dinner!
Bacon Tomato Chicken
- 1 lb chicken boneless (skinless thighs or breasts
- 6 pieces uncured bacon
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- rice noodles OR 1 cup quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan and chop. But do not throw out the grease.
- Cook chicken in bacon grease until brown on each side but still pink in the middle (about 5 min on each side)
- Place chicken in baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 until noodles are done (about 20 minutes).
- Pour out about 2/3 of the bacon grease.
- In the remaining 1/3 of bacon grease, add coconut milk, tomato sauce, chopped bacon, basil, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer until noodles or quinoa are done.
- Cook noodles or quinoa.
|For this recipe we recommend:|
|Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial|