This is more than another blogging tutorial.
There are thousands of tutorials out there and most of them share some basic steps in common (like how to install WordPress). This is a little bit of that, a lot of the steps no one else mentions and a lot of it in significantly different order.
It’s designed to be as extensive as an e-course, completely free, with lots of valuable resources to get a blog started.
You can go through the steps in the presented order (sequential but not conventional for those of you who like that sort of thing) or choose your own adventure through the process by ignoring the numbers and working on what suits you best at the time.
- Pick a Name – more than a name decide on your blog’s focus and your blogging identity.
- Create vital blog accounts – find out why everyone and their dog recommends BlueHost and clickety-click to open the blog accounts you need.
- Set up your core framework – WordPress is a powerful, easy way to create and manage your blog. From Themes to Plugins, there’s a lot to WordPress but don’t be fainthearted. You’ll be a pro before you know it.
- Branding – there’s a lot to a blog. Find out why Creative Market might just be your new best friend.
- Set Up your Newsletter by creating your first list. A snazzy sign up page. And thank you email.
- Customize your blog. You determine the level of customization you need. We’ve got step-by-step information for simple alterations, more in depth things to consider along with technical, webmaster tools that need to be set up for analytics, security and SEO.
- Start Writing. Pages. Snippets. Posts. We’ve got a checklist for you of the things you’ll need and a logical order to approach them in.
- Get Started on Social Media. Hopefully you’ve read through this list before you jumped in. Start connecting with other bloggers, influencers and make new friends even as you go through the previous steps to get your blog up.
- Launch your blog! Now the fun really starts.
Here begins your Choose Your Own Adventure